The way in which businesses handle customer personal data will be changing as of the 25th of May 2018. This will effect all businesses with customers based in the EU.
In preperation for this, we have put together this small guide to tell you what we will be doing as well as how you can provide your customers with the data they require if requested.
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. ... The GDPR replaces the 1995 Data Protection Directive.
What changes are Workforce making to stay compliant?
- Contact consent: If you are an existing subscriber of Workforce, we assume that you are happy to hear about information related to your subscription. If you are a blog subscriber or a prospective Workforce customer, we will be messaging you soon to confirm if you would like to keep receiving information from us.
- Age restrictions: As part of our new T&C's only customers over the age of 18 will be able to susbcribe to workforce and staff members of businesses will have to be a minimum of 17 years of age.
- Personal data guide: if you are a Workforce customer, we have created a guide to let you know how to handle your customer or staff members personal data if it is requested or if they ask for the data to be deleted. You can see the guide here:
Additional useful resources
- GDRP external guide: https://ico.org.uk/media/1624219/preparing-for-the-gdpr-12-steps.pdf
- GDPR official websites: https://www.eugdpr.org/ and https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/