Workforce connects seamlessly with QuickBooks accounting to remove data duplication, tedious admin and increase productivity.
What can you sync?
- Contacts: You can sync your contacts both ways. This means that if you create a customer in Workforce they will be created in QuickBooks and if you create a customer in Quickbooks they will be created in Workforce.
- Chart of accounts: All of your chart of accounts will sync over from Quickbooks into Workforce
- Tax rates: Tax rates will sync over from Quickbooks, you can then map any existing tax rates you have in Workforce (if you have any) with your tax rates in QuickBooks. **Please note** that once the integration is active, all new tax rates will have to be created in Quickbooks, and the tax rates section in Workforce will become read only.
- Saved cost items: All saved cost items will be synced between Workforce and QuixkBooks. Any changes you make in either will be visible in both applications.
- Invoices: Invoices created in Workforce will automatically sync over to QuickBooks. All changes to invoices that are made in either Workforce or QuickBooks will be reflected in both applications.
- Payment: Payments added to invoices will be synced between both Workforce and QuickBooks. This means you can add a payment in Workforce or In QuickBooks and it will be reocrded in both systems.
How to get started
Step 1 - The basics
Login to your workforce account and go to settings > Integrations > Click "Connect" next to the QuickBooks integration
Step 2 - Connecting to QuickBooks
You will then be directed to Workforce where you can login to your QuickBooks account and then choose which QuickBooks account you wish to sync and "Authorize"
Step 3 - Choosing what to sync
you will then be redirected back to the Workforce integration page where you will now have the option of going to "settings" and you should also have a tick and "active" above to confirm everything is connected
You have the option to choose what data you would like synced in the settings section, so you dont have to worry about data you do not want pulling through to workforce.
- Start date: you can choose to sync over data from an exiting date. As an example you may only want to sync from July of the last year or from today onwards.
- Create/update Invoices: sync over invoices from Workforce to QuickBooks.
- Sync chart of accounts and account classes: sync over your chart of accounts and classess for each account
- Sync saved cost items: sync over your saved cost items such as labour rates and services you provide etc
- Sync taxes: sync over all of your tax rates. You can also map exisitng workforce tax rates to tax rates in QuickBooks so you do not create duplicates
- Sync contacts: sync over all of your contacts
- Show links to QuickBooks: this will allow you to go directly into QuickBooks from within a contact or invoice in Workforce without having to login to each system all the time
- Default payment account: choose the default bank account that customers pay money into when you invoice them
- Default cost items account: choose the default cost item account (this is when you are adding costs to a job or invoice to classify the item in e.g. "-sales"
When you have chosen the options you wish to sync, you must then press "Save" first and then "Sync". This will start the processing of syncing over any of the data you have requested
Step 4 - Sync completion
On succesfull sync all of your data will now be in both systems. You can check this by going to your contacts, chart of accounts and anything else you have requested to sync over. So whenever you create a new contact, cost item, invoice or tax rate in Workorce or QuicBooks you should see it appear in both system within one hour maximim. The system generally sync's every 30 minutes
Questions, Limitations and things to think about
- Sync time: Data will automatically sync to QuickBooks every 30 minutes. You can however sync your data sooner by going to the settings page of the QuickBooks integration and clicking "Sync".
- What if my data doesnt sync or I need to sync something over quickly? You can manually sync your data by going to settings > integrations > QuickBooks settings and then clicking "sync"
- Contacts: When editing a contact, changes have to be made in QuickBooks for it to take effect in Workforce - Think of QuickBooks as the master account when editing a contact record. New contacts created in Workforce will sync as normal and create a record in QuickBooks
- Stock (inventroy) does not sync between Workforce and QuickBooks.
- Invoices: Invoices created in QuickBooks will not be synced over to Workforce. All invoices created in workforce (ad hoc created in the invoice section, invoices created within a job and batch invoices will sync over to QuickBooks)